The RICS HomeBuyer Survey is available both with and without the valuation and reinstatement elements.
- This report is available on most traditionally constructed properties that are in a reasonable condition.
- It will help you make an informed decision about your future purchase.
- You can consider what advice to take before exchange of contracts.
- A clear rating system on the condition of different elements of the property assists you to identify potential repairs and on-going maintenance.
- Includes a summary of risks affecting the property.
What does a RICS HomeBuyer Report Involve and when might I need one?
Once instructed we will make all of the arrangements to inspect the property through the agent and current occupier and let you know when we have your appointment booked.
Briefly, the inspection will cover the inside and outside of the main building including chimneys, roof coverings, rainwater good, joinery, walls, windows, doors, conservatories or porches.
Internally this covers the roof space, ceilings, floors, walls and partitions, fireplaces and chimney breasts, kitchen, bathrooms and woodwork.
The visible parts of the available services can be inspected, but the surveyor will not carry out specialist tests.
We are happy to provide a more in-depth explanation of the inspection itself if you require this.
Also, please tell us about any specific concerns that you may have and we will do our best to accommodate these.
You could be purchasing a property with or without a mortgage, The HomeBuyer Survey will hopefully provide you with the peace of mind that you are fully informed concerning the property that you about to purchase.